Will I be notified if someone logs into my iMessage?
If someone has my Apple ID and logs into it, will Apple notice me? The short answer is: Yes! Since 2017, Apple has added security and they will notify you via email if your Apple ID is logged in on a new device. If the login is unauthorized by you, you can remove that device from your Apple ID in iCloud.
How do you tell if your iMessage is being used on another device?
Sign in to appleid.apple.com,* then select Devices. If you don't see your devices right away, click View Details and answer your security questions. Click any device name to view that device's information, such as the device model, serial number, and OS version.
Why did I get a notification that my Apple ID is being used?
This means that someone else may be using your Apple ID. You can follow the instructions here to remove any unknown devices from your account, and then change your password.
Does Apple notify you when someone logs into your account?
When you log in to the site, Apple will send you an email notifying you that someone has your credentials have been used on iCloud.com, and instructing you either to ignore the email if you did this yourself, or what steps to take if you didn't. ...
How do I log into my Apple account?
To sign in from an Android app, a Windows app, or any web browser, tap Sign in with Apple, then enter your Apple ID and password. Sign in with Apple requires two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
How do I cancel my Apple subscription?
How to cancel a subscription on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage. Don't see the subscription that you're looking for?
- Tap Cancel Subscription.
How do I talk to Apple customer service?
Contact Apple Support
- U.S. technical support: (800) APL–CARE (800–275–2273)
- See all worldwide support telephone numbers.
- Contact a mobile carrier.
- Make a reservation at an Apple Retail Store Genius Bar.
- Beats support: (800) 442–4000 (U.S.) or see all worldwide support telephone numbers.
How do I find out what Apple Com is charging me for?
How to see what you were charged for
- To see your purchase history, go to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- A list of purchases appears. To see family members' purchases, select the Apple ID button and choose a family member.
- To see the full receipt including tax, tap or click the date.