How do I connect to SNMP?
Configure SNMP agent information
- Click Start, point to Control Panel, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management.
- In the console tree, expand Services and Applications, and then click Services.
- In the right pane, double-click SNMP Service.
- Click the Agent tab.
What is SNMP and how does it work?
SNMP works by sending messages, called protocol data units (PDUs), to devices within your network that “speak” SNMP. ... Using these requests, network administrators can track virtually any data values they specify. All of the information SNMP tracks can be provided to a product that asks for it.
What is SNMP account?
SNMP V3 users are a type of user account with SNMP V3 credentials. This type of user account creates an account and adds SNMP V3 credentials. Each account can have multiple SNMP V3 credentials, one for each SNMP V3 engine that is identified by an engine ID value.
Where do I get SNMP credentials?
Add or edit SNMP credentials
- Click Settings > All Settings > IPAM Settings > SNMP Credentials.
- Either: To add a new credential, click Add. ...
- Enter a display name for the credential.
- Select the SNMP version of the credential. This can be SNMP v1, SNMP v2c, or SNMP v3. ...
- Click Save.