What can Home-Start help with?
Home-Start helps families to access their local:
- Children's Centre,
- Citizens Advice Bureau,
- local mental health services,
- doctors and dentists,
- housing and financial advice,
- or illness, addiction or disability support groups.
How do I find local families in need?
Can I help families in my own community?
- locate a local food bank in your area.
- contact the food bank to find the local food pantries that they service.
- email [email protected] with the pantry contact information so they can contact the pantry and explain the program.
What is a Home-Start volunteer?
Role description of a Home-Start Volunteer. Home-Start is a voluntary organisation in which volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to young families in their own homes helping to prevent family crisis or breakdown.