Is Kanopy free for students?
Public library patrons, and university students and faculty are able to watch Kanopy free-of-charge with their institution's library card. Institutions pay for the films their students and faculty watch on a per-view basis.
How do I get free access to Kanopy?
- Go to www.kanopy.com/signup and click on “Find Your Library"
- Type your library name and select it from the list, or search for a library near you using your city name or zip code.
- Enter your library card number, and if required, your library card password/PIN and click Continue.
Can I join Kanopy without a library card?
Why do I need a library card or university login to sign up? Kanopy is only available through libraries, so you need to be a member of a participating library to start watching Kanopy.
Is Kanopy being discontinued?
Kanopy, a film streaming subscription service currently funded by the State Library, will be discontinued state-wide as of Monday 15 February 2021. ... Library members will still have access to other services such as BorrowBox and RB Digital providing access to ebooks, audiobooks, magazines and comics.
Why is Kanopy being discontinued?
On July 1, 2019, three of the largest public libraries in the United States—the New York Public Library, the Brooklyn Public Library, and the Queens Public Library—discontinued Kanopy, citing unpredictable and unsustainable costs.
How do I activate Kanopy?
Select the Kanopy app and Add Channel.
Follow the instructions on the “Get Started” screen:
- Go to www.kanopy.com/tv on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter the code on your TV.
- Follow the steps to create your account.
Is Kanopy free?
Kanopy does not charge you because the public library or university covers all associated costs, allowing you to watch for free with no ads.