Can probate be applied for online?
Personal executors, or the people in charge of administering an estate, can apply online for Grant of Probate. However, you need to meet certain criteria to do so. There needs to be an original Will available and only up to four executors can apply.
Do solicitors have to apply for probate online?
Wills and probate solicitors must now use an online system in the majority of probate cases, instead of submitting paper forms. Solicitors can still use paper forms where there are complex circumstances.
What do I send with online probate application?
What is required in order to submit an online application?
- the original will and two photocopies.
- an official copy of the death certificate.
- the associated inheritance tax forms and figures.
- any other supporting documents relevant to the case (e.g. a renunciation form)
What documents do I need to apply for probate?
The documents you need to send with your Probate application form are:
- The original Will and any codicils. Codicils are small additions to a Will.
- Two copies of the Will and any codicils on plain A4. ...
- The death certificate or an interim one.
- The correct Inheritance Tax Form, whether Inheritance Tax is payable or not.