How do I log into PuTTY?
How to Connect PuTTY
- Launch the PuTTY SSH client, then enter your server's SSH IP and SSH Port. Click the Open button to proceed.
- A login as: message will pop-up and asks you to enter your SSH username. For VPS users, this is usually root. ...
- Type your SSH password and press Enter again.
How do I login as root in PuTTY?
How to log in to my account via SSH using PuTTY?
- Install PuTTY and run it. ...
- Specify the hostname or IP address for your server and click 'open' to initiate the connection. ...
- Specify root (if you have root access on your server) or your username.
- Specify your password.
What is the username and password for PuTTY?
Create a shortcut on the desktop to putty.exe. Rename the shortcut to PuTTY - server.com. Right-click shortcut and choose Properties. Modify the target similar to: "C:\Program Files\PuTTY\putty.exe" [email protected] -pw password.
How do I change my login in PuTTY?
By default, PuTTY software displays “username@hostname:~” in the PuTTY window title after you login. You can change this to any user-friendly text. Launch PuTTY -> Select a Session -> Click on Load.