Why does my Mac say update needed?
In order to have the message “an update is needed” when you reboot disappear you are going to have to turn encryption on your hard drive off and then back on. ... This would make your OS take all your information and write it back to the hard drive unencrypted.
Why can't I update my Mac to High Sierra?
If you get stuck or fail to install the downloaded macOS 10.13/10.13. 4, try the tips below to get this problem fixed: Open Launchpad > Delete "Install macOS Sierra" file with a question mark on it. Reboot Mac and retry downloading a new macOS Sierra update 10.13/10.13.
Is there an update for macOS High Sierra?
To update your Mac, open the System Preferences app or the "About This Mac" menu. If your Mac is still running macOS High Sierra or earlier, you'll need to go through the App Store to update it. You should update your Mac whenever you can, as every update comes with new features and security patches.
How do I update my Mac on High Sierra?
How to install an update to macOS in High Sierra or earlier
- Open the Mac App Store.
- Click on Updates.
- Click Update beside any updates you wish to install. ...
- Once the software has been downloaded you will see a notification to let you know it is ready to be installed.
How do I log into my Apple account?
To sign in from an Android app, a Windows app, or any web browser, tap Sign in with Apple, then enter your Apple ID and password. Sign in with Apple requires two-factor authentication for your Apple ID.
How do I cancel my Apple subscription?
How to cancel a subscription on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage. Don't see the subscription that you're looking for?
- Tap Cancel Subscription.
How do I talk to Apple customer service?
Contact Apple Support
- U.S. technical support: (800) APL–CARE (800–275–2273)
- See all worldwide support telephone numbers.
- Contact a mobile carrier.
- Make a reservation at an Apple Retail Store Genius Bar.
- Beats support: (800) 442–4000 (U.S.) or see all worldwide support telephone numbers.
How do I find out what Apple Com is charging me for?
How to see what you were charged for
- To see your purchase history, go to reportaproblem.apple.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- A list of purchases appears. To see family members' purchases, select the Apple ID button and choose a family member.
- To see the full receipt including tax, tap or click the date.