How do I fix user login failed?
This problem should be resolved by following the below steps.
- Open your SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right click on the database server and go to properties.
- Choose the security option and check "SQL Server and Windows authentication mode".
- Enable TCP/IP connection in SQL Configuration Manager.
- Restart your SQL server.
What is SA user?
The sa account is a well known SQL Server account and it is often targeted by malicious users. Do not enable the sa account unless your application requires it. It is important that you use a strong password for the sa login.
How do I reset my SQL SA password?
Option 1: Using the existing SA password
- Open the SQL Server Management Studio. ...
- Log in as the SA user using SQL Server authentication and the current password.
- In the Object Explorer, expand Security and then Logins.
- Double click the SA login.
- Enter the desired password and confirm it.
- Click OK.
What is login failed?
When a user attempts to login in, the "Login Failed: Your user ID or password is incorrect" error message is displayed. This error message is generic, and there can be several reasons why the login failed.